Friday, January 31, 2020

1.30.2020

Hello from Miss Borcherding: 
Hello first grade parents/guardians, 
My name is Paige Borcherding and I'm excited to have begun teaching first grade this week! I am from Lincoln, Nebraska, and graduated this past December from Concordia, Nebraska, with a degree in Elementary Education and Lutheran Teachers Diploma. Before graduating, I student taught with Miss Bevirt's 3rd graders at Zion and am thankful to continue teaching Christ's love at Zion while teaching first grade! Congratulations and prayers of thanksgiving to the Tyler family for the birth of their son, Calvin! 

Note from Mrs. Tyler:

Hi First Graders! I wanted to introduce you to Calvin! He can't wait to meet you guys in a couple of months! Remember how much Jesus loves you and I do too! Love, Mrs. Tyler


A Look Ahead:
Memory: Mark 10:14
Religion: Miracles of Jesus
Spelling: Lesson 18
Grammar: Verbs 
Math: Adding two digit numbers
Social Studies: Maps

Art:  Valentine Boxes

Dates to Remember: 

Important Dates:

Saturday, February 1, 2020 from 5:15-7:15PM: GREAT SKATE see flyer in Friday Folder. You may invite friends who don't go to Zion to attend!

Wednesday, February 12 is a half day for the students. Dismissal at noon.

VALENTINES CELEBRATION FEBRUARY 14: Please see January 18 blog for pointers and class list. I will be sending permission slips home with students on Monday for the service event on the 14th. I will also be sending an email asking about parent drivers to volunteer. Chaperones, please make sure your driver's check is complete.  

February 29, 5:00 We sing in church.  Please mark your calendars! Have your child in the upper music room by 4:50 to warm up.

GRANDPARENTS DAY - Save the Date: We invited all Grandparents or special adult friends to attend school on March 6. 

Photos:
We had a fun week celebrating our Lutheran school. Take a look at the pictures to see how we celebrated! 





Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy time in church as a family!
In HIM,

Paige Borcherding
pborcherding@zionharvester.org


No comments:

Post a Comment