Friday, September 20, 2019

9.20.19

Called to Care 💚

Next Week:

SOCIAL/SPIRITUAL
Jesus Time - Moses
Memory Work - John 15:16
Second Step - Following directions
COMMUNICATION
Spelling - Lesson 6 -/it/pattern
Grammar - Asking Sentences
Writing Workshop - Zooming In
Literacy Stations - Listening to Shared Reading, Short e, Sentence Match, Rock Writing
EXPRESSIVE
Art - Peter Max
Music - Practicing for Church
WELLNESS
PE - Kickball
Recess - Mileage Club
PVF Snack
DISCOVERY
Math - Ordination
Social Studies - American Symbols


News and Notes:

Executive Function Skills
As I mentioned at our Parent Orientation,  I will share with you on the report card what I have observed regarding your child's executive function skills.  Since we are about halfway through the first quarter,  next week I will send home what I have observed so far this year.

Fluency Reading Books
On Monday your child brought home a book that was supposed to be easy so that the first graders can practice fluency.  The idea is to read the book at least a couple of times so that it sounds like he/she is talking when read.  I will collect them on Friday and then send a new one home on Monday.  I will not send it home with LLI students unless you have requested one.


Photo Gallery:


PE Fun!






We shared an apple with a partner and counted how many seeds were inside.







Author's Chair!





Healthy PVF Break!





We talked about people who help at school.  Then we chose one to write about how they help.






After we ate the apples, we drew and wrote how many seeds each apple had.






Then we created a graph about the seeds in the apples to compare them.





We played sight word concentration!
We are practicing reading words we see a lot, quickly!





After we created a list of who helps at school, we made riddles about some of the helpers and then delivered them to the helpers!











We practiced writing names with an upper case letter at the beginning and other words with all lowercase letters.





We sure love celebrating birthdays!





Word work during Guided Reading!







We used a wrap up to practice counting to 23.
We loved it!





We wrote in our Reading Notebooks during Guided Reading, too!





We acted out ways to be helpful at school!





Using teamwork to put together a puzzle!






Learning kickball in PE







We love sharing our stories with our friends during Author's Chair!





We created Paul Klee inspired work!







Another fantastic week!
We are practicing being good listeners 
to each other👂

No comments:

Post a Comment