WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!
We are excited as the beginning of a fantastic new school year quickly approaches. It will be a year of making new friends, learning new ideas, reading new books, solving new problems, playing new games, reaching new goals, making new mistakes and most importantly growing as a child of God.
News and Notes:
Class Blog
Welcome to our class blog. This is how I will communicate with you. You can look on here at any time to see any important information that has to do with our classroom. I will send out the 1R link as I update the blog on a weekly basis.
Welcome to our class blog. This is how I will communicate with you. You can look on here at any time to see any important information that has to do with our classroom. I will send out the 1R link as I update the blog on a weekly basis.
Open House
It was so great to see so many of you at Zion's Open House last Thursday. Your first grader was able to check out our classroom, pick out a desk, talk with me and other classmates, and bring all his/her school supplies so we are ready for the first day. I will be sending home anything that is extra (not on the supply list) so that we have room for all of our things! It sure is exciting to have our own desk now.
Classroom Wish List
Many parents ask what they can get for the classroom to help aid in our learning. On the top right, you can see I have created a Wish List on Amazon and on that list are MANY books and games. These are things we can use in our classroom throughout the year. Do not feel you need to purchase something for our class; it is just an option for those that want to help in that way.
First Day
In order to ease any apprehension on Tuesday, feel free to walk your child to our classroom the first day if needed. As we do have a goal to grow in our independence, we also understand how important it is to know Mom or Dad have left you exactly where they want you to be, and will be there again when the school day is over. I have tissue in the room for those teary parents on the first day. I look forward to seeing your first grader on Tuesday as we start a great year together!
No comments:
Post a Comment