Saturday, February 23, 2013

2.23.13

WEEK TWENTY-SIX


We had a very short week with only two days of school this week!  How fun to enjoy so much snow though!  Hope everyone enjoys another long weekend. It will be a challenge to come back to a long week next week, but I know those first graders can do it.  :o) God's blessings as we enter into another week of Lent. 

Next Week:
For the most part we will be finishing up last week and then begin new things on later this week.

Memory: Luke 18:13
Spelling: Test on Monday for last week's words
            Test on Friday over Lesson 24
Social Studies: Groups/Families
Science: Test on Monday


News and Notes:

Friday Folders
I will send home the student's Friday folders on Monday with things from the past week.  Please look through the items and return ASAP so that they can be sent back at the end of the week again.  Don't forget to mark the church/sunday school attendance!

Planet Fun
I will look into rescheduling our field trip to Planet Fun.  I will let you know plans as soon as they are figured out.

Grandparents/VIPs Day
On Monday Invitations to Grandparent's Day will come home in the purple Friday folder.  Grandparents/VIPs Day is March 8th.  This day is for Grandparents or another special adult to spend the morning with us at school.  This is a half day of school.  In the invitation is a schedule of the mornings events.
Please fill out the yellow permission form so that I know who is taking your child home from school on Friday, March 8, Grandparent's Day.

Check out what we did this week:

Expanding Sentences
We took a boring sentence and "fancied up" the noun, "fancied up" the verb and added a setting.  Our sentences were WAY more exciting!




Sharing our Expanded Sentences

Lots of Long E Words!


Long E Game



No comments:

Post a Comment