WEEK THIRTY-ONE
HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED! ALLELUIA!
Happy Easter and I pray God's blessings on your family celebration of Jesus' resurrection. Enjoy your Easter break!
Week of April 8th:
Memory Work: Psalm 100:1
Religion: Jesus is ALIVE
Grammar: Pronouns
Phonics: /au/ and /aw/
Spelling: Lesson 27
Math: Fact Assessment and Written Assessment
Science: Natural Resources
Social Studies: Families
Literacy Stations: We will finish up the centers from the short week.
News and Notes:
Scholastic Book Order
Book order magazines will be sent home when we return from Easter break. Orders are due April 15th. You can go online to order your books anytime. The class activation code is GVN8W. Go to this link when ordering: https://orders.scholastic.com/GVN8W
Scholastic Book Order
Book order magazines will be sent home when we return from Easter break. Orders are due April 15th. You can go online to order your books anytime. The class activation code is GVN8W. Go to this link when ordering: https://orders.scholastic.com/GVN8W
Phonics
In an attempt to help your first grader absorb the /aw/and /au/ sound, I had you send in your child's baby picture. We talked about how the /aw//au/ sound is the sound we make when we see something cute. So I put the pictures into a movie and we made the /aw/ sound every time we saw a cute baby (which was ALL of them of course!) So obviously the boys and girls were saying "awwwwwww" continuously! They immediately wanted to add it to the blog so I promised them I would. Feel free to check out the cute babies! Don't forget to say "aw!"
No comments:
Post a Comment